Canada to face U.S. in gold-medal game after decisive win over Russia
The Canadian squad now moves on to the gold-medal game against the United States, which edged Finland 4-3 in the other semifinal Monday night.
Dylan Cozens collected an empty-net goal and two assists, while Canadian goaltender Devon Levi stopped all 27 shots to remain red-hot.
Alex Newhook, Connor McMichael, Cole Perfetti, and Braden Schneider added markers for the host side.
Canada has yet to trail in six games at the tournament and hasn't allowed an even-strength goal.
Monday's victory was Canada's biggest against Russia since the nation prevailed 5-0 in the 2006 gold-medal game.
- Hyman scores 3 as Oilers smash Hurricanes for 5th straight win
- Report: Candelario agrees to 3-year, $45M deal with Reds
- Clippers overcome Jokic's triple-double to snap 8-game series skid vs. Nuggets
- By the numbers: Standout stats from a record-breaking night in the NBA
- Report: Angels still alive in push to re-sign Ohtani