Panama shuts out USMNT to score huge upset in World Cup qualifying
Panamanian midfielder Anibal Godoy, who plays for Nashville SC in Major League Soccer, downed his adopted country with a scrappy header off a corner kick in the 54th minute.
The U.S. managed just five shots all night, with none hitting the target.
Panama leapfrogged Canada with the win and is now level on points with the U.S.
Canada, meanwhile, remain unbeaten through five World Cup qualifiers after a goalless draw against last-placed Jamaica.
The Americans will look to bounce back Wednesday in Columbus against Costa Rica.
- Beverley, Edwards criticize Gobert's defense after T-Wolves' loss
- Report: Cook trending toward playing TNF vs. Steelers
- Canucks beat Bruins in shootout as Boudreau wins 2nd straight game
- Warriors knock off Trail Blazers but Curry falls short of 3-point record
- Ortiz: I have 'faith' Schilling will be elected to HOF this year