World Cup of Hockey jerseys will feature SAP as sponsor
Jerseys at the World Cup of Hockey will indeed include advertisements.
Multinational software company SAP will be the official sponsor of each country's home and away jerseys, which will feature the SAP logo, the NHL announced Wednesday.
Ads on jerseys were confirmed back in June by NHL chief marketing officer Brian Jennings. The ads will test fan reaction as a possible preview to including them permanently on NHL jerseys.
"I am a believer in the history, tradition, and exactly how special NHL sweaters are," Bettman said, according to NHL.com's Dan Rosen.
For fans hoping to purchase jerseys, the ads will only be featured on game-worn versions.
- Bassitt: Teams that illegally steal signs in future should face lifetime ban
- Gerald Green retires from NBA, will join Rockets as player development coach
- Broncos' Fangio 'not worried' about coaching status after 4th straight loss
- Suns owner Sarver denies allegations of racism, gender discrimination
- NFL Week 7 best bets: Chiefs on upset alert vs. run-happy Titans