Former Louisville star Van Lith commits to defending champion LSU
Former Louisville star Hailey Van Lith is transferring to LSU after three seasons, she announced Thursday on Instagram.
Van Lith broke out in her junior year, averaging 19.7 points, 4.5 rebounds, and 3.2 assists for the Cardinals. She led them to the Elite 8, where they were defeated by eventual finalist Iowa.
A 5-foot-7 guard, Van Lith joins forces with star forward Angel Reese, who averaged 23 points last season for the Tigers. Reese was named the Most Outstanding Player in the NCAA Tournament.
LSU lost starters Alexis Morris, LaDazhia Williams, and Jasmine Carson following its championship run.
Head coach Kim Mulkey brings Van Lith into the fold ahead of Mulkey's third season with the Tigers. Mulkey's squad has compiled a 60-8 record over her first two campaigns following over two decades of success at Baylor.
- theScore's 50 favorite moments of 2023: Fights, phenoms, and epic buzzer-beaters
- No. 2 UCLA rout Cal State Northridge
- Pili scores a season-high 31, No. 11 Utah beats Saint Joseph's
- Hidalgo scores 26 points in No. 14 Notre Dame women's rout of Lafayette
- Clark's 35 points, key assists help No. 4 Iowa escape Iowa State