LIV Golf announces 3 new events for 2023
The LIV Golf Series has added three new tournament stops for its 2023 season.
The Saudi-backed circuit will stop in Mexico in late February to play at El Camaleon Golf Course at Mayakoba. El Camaleon has been a regular TOUR stop since 2007 and played host to the World Wide Technology Championship earlier this month. It was also designed by LIV CEO Greg Norman.
LIV Golf is also set to visit Singapore's Sentosa Golf Club in late April and Real Club Valderrama in Spain in late June. Valderrama played host to the DP World Tour in mid-October.
The three new events for the series join the earlier announced Australia stop, which will be held at the Grange Golf Club in Adelaide in mid-April.
For the 2023 season, LIV is expanding from eight events to 14, with 12 teams competing for a combined $405 million across the season. The full schedule is expected to be released in the coming weeks and will span from February to September.
Events won't be scheduled on the same days as majors, international team events, or heritage events, per LIV's announcement.
- Ryder extends Farmers lead to 3, Rahm gets hot on windy day
- Faldo: LIV players shouldn't be part of European Ryder Cup team
- Reed calls Rory 'immature little child' over reaction to tee-throwing incident
- McIlroy, Reed both 6-under after 1st round in Dubai
- McIlroy recovers after slow start in Dubai; Pieters leads