Norman's support for International team gets 'LOL' from Immelman
LIV Golf CEO Greg Norman wished the International team luck at this year's Presidents Cup on Thursday via Twitter, but captain Trevor Immelman didn't seem impressed.
Many PGA TOUR players have joined the Saudi-backed LIV Golf league in the past year. These golfers have been suspended from the TOUR - and by extension the Presidents Cup - for joining Norman's league.
The International team's lack of star power at this year's Presidents Cup was evident during Thursday's opening foursomes session, in which they lost four of five matches to the Americans.
They entered Friday's session down 4-1 but will have a chance to even the score during the day's five four-ball matches.
- Internationals win four-ball session to cut U.S. lead to 4 at Presidents Cup
- Tom Kim: I wanted match-winning birdie at Presidents Cup 'more than anything'
- USA sends stars out early in Sunday's singles matches
- Cam Davis secures point for the International team with putt at No. 18 💥
- Davis and Scott go 1-up with 1 to go 😲