Report: Cameron Smith headed to LIV Golf in $100M deal
Smith will reportedly play in the next LIV Golf event in Boston on Sept. 2-4. The event is scheduled for after the conclusion of the 2021-22 TOUR season.
However, Smith declined to comment on his reported LIV commitment during a press conference Tuesday.
The 28-year-old would be the highest-ranked player to join LIV Golf at No. 2 on the Official World Golf Ranking. His official announcement is reportedly expected to come after the conclusion of this TOUR season.
Smith is currently in the field for the TOUR's FedEx St. Jude Championship this week in Memphis. Players who join Norman's series are subsequently suspended by the PGA TOUR, though not until they hit their first tee shot at an event.
His $100-million deal was already agreed in principle before he won The Open, but his price will have increased since then, sources told Morgan and Corrigan.
The Australian is also ranked second on the TOUR's own FedEx Cup standings. He has six victories on TOUR, including the 150th Open at St. Andrews last month.
- Internationals win four-ball session to cut U.S. lead to 4 at Presidents Cup
- Tom Kim: I wanted match-winning birdie at Presidents Cup 'more than anything'
- USA sends stars out early in Sunday's singles matches
- Cam Davis secures point for the International team with putt at No. 18 💥
- Davis and Scott go 1-up with 1 to go 😲