Ortiz, DJ tied for lead after Round 2 of LIV Golf's stint in Portland
Dustin Johnson seized a share of the lead after carding a second consecutive 4-under-68 heading into the final round of LIV Golf's stop at Pumpkin Ridge Golf Club.
Round 1 leader Carlos Ortiz fired off a 3-under-69 on Friday and sits atop the leaderboard in Portland with Johnson at 8-under for the tournament. Branden Grace is two strokes back of the lead, while Justin Harding is three behind thanks to his sterling round of 5-under-67, which was the best score of the day.
Johnson's team, the 4 Aces GC, continues to lead the way with a top score of 15-under, which is good for a four-stroke edge over Stinger GC.
LIV Golf newcomer Brooks Koepka shot another 2-under-70 and is tied for fifth.
Meanwhile, Phil Mickelson shot 3-over par for the second consecutive day.
The 54-hole event concludes Saturday.
- Report: Tiger meeting with top golfers in support of PGA TOUR
- Cam Smith withdraws from BMW Championship due to hip discomfort
- Zalatoris grabs 1st TOUR victory at FedEx St. Jude Championship
- Notable golfers won't advance to BMW Championship
- This 'Seinfeld'-themed U.S. Amateur group is real, and it's spectacular