Will Zalatoris latest player to commit to PGA TOUR
Will Zalatoris announced his commitment to the PGA TOUR and the DP World Tour in a statement posted on Twitter Thursday.
"I'd like to clear this up and say that I am fully committed to the PGA TOUR and the DP World Tour," said Zalatoris. "I have been vocal about this since February, and nothing has changed.
"I have dreamed of winning on the PGA TOUR and winning majors since I was a little kid," the 25-year-old added. "I love where the PGA TOUR and DP World Tour and their associated tours are headed."
Zalatoris' statement on Thursday joins a growing list of TOUR players pledging their loyalty amid players joining the Saudi-backed LIV Golf Series.
On Tuesday, the TOUR announced a 13-year "operational joint venture partnership" with the DP World Tour, strengthening the existing November 2020 alliance.
As a part of the partnership, the top 10 players on the DP World Tour Rankings at the end of each season will earn PGA TOUR cards, starting in 2023.
Zalatoris is currently No. 1 on those rankings and sits at No. 13 on the Official World Golf Rankings.
- PGA tells judge players knew consequences of joining LIV Golf
- Joohyung Kim takes Wyndham Championship for 1st TOUR victory
- Wu, Im tied at storm-delayed Wyndham and face long Sunday
- Nick Faldo has emotional send-off from his final CBS broadcast ❤️
- Joohyung Kim becomes youngest winner of Wyndham Championship