Tiger's Hero World Challenge to return with expanded field
The very limited group of invitees will permanently move from 18 players to 20 for the unofficial PGA TOUR event that starts on Dec. 2.
The defending champion, reigning Players champion, and all four 2021 major winners automatically qualify for the tournament. Since there was no event in 2020, all of the major winners that season will also be invited. Those who rank inside the top 50 in the Official World Golf Ranking round out the remainder of the field.
Henrik Stenson won the 2020 edition by one stroke over Jon Rahm.
There's no word if Woods will be ready to compete. The 15-time major winner is still rehabbing from serious leg fractures he suffered during a single-vehicle accident in February.
- Joohyung Kim takes Wyndham Championship for 1st TOUR victory
- Mickelson, DeChambeau, 9 others sue PGA TOUR over LIV Golf suspensions
- Wu, Im tied at storm-delayed Wyndham and face long Sunday
- Nick Faldo has emotional send off from his final CBS broadcast ❤️
- Joohyung Kim becomes youngest winner of Wyndham Championship