Tiger says 'everything is good' following neck strain
Tim Bradbury / Getty Images Sport / Getty

Tiger Woods arrived at TPC Sawgrass on Monday ahead of The Players Championship and declared he's feeling better after pulling out of last week's Arnold Palmer Invitational due to a neck strain.

"Everything is good," Woods said, according to Steve DiMeglio of Golfweek. "I feel good. I needed last week off."

Woods received treatment for his sore neck while participating at the WGC-Mexico Championship in late February and then withdrew from playing at Bay Hill, where he's won a record eight times in his storied career.

"I didn't want to push it. No need to." Woods added of sitting out. "Not at my age. Can't do that anymore."

The 43-year-old's status for The Players had been in doubt due to the neck injury, but it now appears he's on track to participate in the biggest non-major tournament of the year.

Tiger's won the event twice, in 2001 and 2013.

Comments
✕
Tiger says 'everything is good' following neck strain
  Got something to say? Leave a comment below!
MORE STORIES
Daily Newsletter
Get the latest trending sports news daily in your inbox