Sorribes Tormo upsets top-ranked Barty in Olympic tennis
Top-ranked Ash Barty has been upset by 48th-ranked Spanish opponent Sara Sorribes Tormo 6-4, 6-3 in the first round of the Tokyo tennis tournament.
It was Barty’s Olympic singles debut. She won a doubles match with Australian teammate Storm Sanders on Saturday.
The defeat comes 15 days after Barty won Wimbledon for her second Grand Slam title.
- Giants owner booed at halftime: 'I would have booed, too'
- Eagles-Cowboys best bets: Who claims 1st place in the NFC East?
- Rams' Stafford throws for 4 TDs, outduels Brady and Bucs
- Raiders beat Dolphins in OT to improve to 3-0 for 1st time since 2002
- Jays' Manoah after topping Twins: 'We think we're the best team in baseball'