Sorribes Tormo upsets top-ranked Barty in Olympic tennis
Top-ranked Ash Barty has been upset by 48th-ranked Spanish opponent Sara Sorribes Tormo 6-4, 6-3 in the first round of the Tokyo tennis tournament.
It was Barty’s Olympic singles debut. She won a doubles match with Australian teammate Storm Sanders on Saturday.
The defeat comes 15 days after Barty won Wimbledon for her second Grand Slam title.
- Report: Good chance Red Sox extend qualifying offer to Rodriguez
- NFL Week 8 O/U best bets: Texans, Panthers offenses hard to trust
- Tarasenko: 'Very emotional' moment when fans chanted my name
- Billups: Blazers' performance vs. Clippers was 'really embarrassing'
- NBA Tuesday best bets: Back these live 'dogs vs. overpriced favorites