Gisele caps career, opens Rio 2016 with longest catwalk in human history
She didn't get tackled, but Gisele Bundchen did still play a significant role in the festivities at the Rio 2016 opening ceremony.
The Brazilian supermodel, who was reportedly set to be involved in a controversial skit depicting a robbery by an impoverished child - which was ultimately scrapped after the dress rehearsal - instead waltzed across the length of the Maracana while 1960s classic "The Girl From Ipanema" played throughout the iconic stadium.
Well played, Brazil.
The length of the walk wasn't lost on the viewing public.
- Report: Wall plans to sign with Clippers after Rockets buyout
- Nevin gets 10-game ban, 11 others from Angels-M's brawl suspended
- Giants' Thibodeaux 'fully healthy' after dealing with minor hip injury
- Lakers' Monk: Money isn't biggest priority in free agency
- Mariners' Servais: People like to see baseball fights, but this 'isn't hockey'