Bob Costas promises not to get pink eye at Rio 2016
Unlike the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi, Bob Costas assured viewers a bout with pink eye is not on the horizon in Rio de Janeiro.
The distinguished broadcaster joined NBC morning show "Today" and promised host Matt Lauer problems with pink eye are behind him as he gets set to work the Summer Olympics in Rio as the network's prime-time host.
Costas was plagued by the infection during the Sochi Olympics when he appeared during an NBC broadcast with both eyes seemingly infected:
He was eventually forced to take a number of days off to recover, but was unable to prevent the infection from becoming a trending topic on Twitter.
- The Hall of Fame's perpetual rejection of Alexander Mogilny must be rectified
- Blue Jays' Gausman dominates to end win streak by Red Sox
- Report: Wall plans to sign with Clippers after Rockets buyout
- Nevin gets 10-game ban, 11 others from Angels-M's brawl suspended
- Giants' Thibodeaux 'fully healthy' after dealing with minor hip injury