Jagr passes Gordie Howe on all-time points list
With an assist on Aleksander Barkov's first-period goal Monday, Florida Panthers forward Jaromir Jagr collected point number 1,851 of his career, passing Gordie Howe for third place on the NHL's all-time points list.
The goal would stand, leaving Jagr just 36 points away from catching Mark Messier for second place on the all-time scoring list.
Monday saw Jagr hit another milestone as he moved ahead of Hall of Fame defenseman Ray Bourque for ninth on the NHL's all-time games played list, dressing in his 1,613th career match.
The assist gives Jagr 28 helpers and 49 points in 63 games this season.
You can watch video of the historic assist here.
- Marner sets Maple Leafs record with 19-game point streak
- Blues head coach: Binnington's antics have 'got to stop'
- Habs' Edmundson ejected for cross-checking Oilers' Hyman in the head
- Canucks' Demko to miss about 6 weeks with lower-body injury
- McDavid, Draisaitl combine for 8 points as Oilers edge Canadiens