Flyers' Gostisbehere establishes rookie record with 11-game point streak
Philadelphia Flyers rearguard and Calder Trophy dark horse Shayne Gostisbehere established an NHL record for rookie defensemen Saturday afternoon, collecting a point in 11 straight games with a power-play goal versus the New Jersey Devils.
Gostisbehere's goal, which brought Philadelphia level in a critical Metropolitan Division clash with the New Jersey Devils, is his third marker and 14th point over his unmatched stretch.
He also eclipsed Mikael Renberg for the franchise's rookie points streak record. Rennberg decorated the scoresheet in 10 straight games back in 1993-94.
He spent the first month of the season with Philadelphia's American Hockey League affiliate in Lehigh Valley.
- Flames finally solve Oettinger in OT to eliminate Stars
- NHL announces playoff schedule for Round 2 matchups
- Panarin's OT winner powers Rangers past Penguins in Game 7
- Now what? Maple Leafs have put themselves in an impossible position
- Connor McDavid got the help he needed to snap the Oilers' playoff skid