Maple Leafs' Hunwick to have surgery, done for the season
Matt Hunwick's season is over.
Hunwick, 31 in the spring, finishes with two goals and eight assists in 60 games. He averaged 22:34 in ice time, and had a 47 Corsi For rating, according to Hockey Reference. He's under contract for next season at $1.2 million.
Martin Marincin will take over for Hunwick.
Viktor Loov was recalled by Toronto on an emergency basis earlier Tuesday, and should be in the lineup Wednesday.
With all the injuries and trades, 25-year-old Jake Gardiner is now the oldest active defenseman on the Maple Leafs' roster.
- Report: Eichel's camp set to present final case for disc replacement
- Report: Price, Binnington among 6 goalies on Team Canada's list for Olympics
- Hurricanes create website to keep roasting Canadiens
- Bobrovsky gets 300th win as unbeaten Panthers top Avs
- Markstrom shuts out Red Wings as Flames get 1st win