VIDEO: Kessel steals the show in Penguins' 'Home Alone' reenactment
Phil Kessel is on fire. Literally.
The Pittsburgh Penguins forward joined his teammates, including Sidney Crosby, Evgeni Malkin, and Marc-Andre Fleury, as they reenacted classic scenes from "Home Alone" for the 2015 edition of their annual holiday video:
This was a big improvement over last year's holiday video, in which the Penguins reenacted "National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation."
"It was a great choice," Crosby told Michelle Crechiolo of the team's official website. "I knew that one a lot better than I knew 'Christmas Vacation.' This one is just a classic. I’ve seen it probably a hundred times. There’s some really good parts. I remember every part of that movie. Just seeing which guys fit which characters was pretty funny."
Kessel was clearly a natural, according to teammate Chris Kunitz.
"Phil was spot on," Kunitz said. "He didn’t even use any makeup or anything for it, which is surprising. That was his own hat and everything."
Never change, Phil.
- Oilers become NHL's 1st unbeaten team through 5 games to start 2021-22
- Stars' Hakanpaa ejected for kneeing Kings' Doughty
- Keefe downplays Ritchie criticism: Matthews, Marner as much to blame
- Jones and Blackhawks in trouble, Kyrou's breakout, and Kraken impressions
- NHL weekend preview: Maple Leafs to best undermanned Penguins