PHOTOS: Predators and Jets overcrowd penalty boxes
The Nashville Predators and Winnipeg Jets combined for a ridiculous amount of penalties in Saturday's game, and the two teams nearly ran out of space in their respective penalty boxes following a melee early in the third period.
(Courtesy: City TV)
Here's how it all started:
Twelve unsportsmanlike conduct penalties were called at the 4:44 mark of the final frame, and the infractions didn't end there.
The game got out of hand early when the Predators jumped out to a 4-0 lead before the first intermission. Nashville added three more goals and cruised to a 7-0 victory.
- Oilers, Evander Kane agree to contract for rest of season
- Montembeault praises Zegras' Michigan goal: 'Have to tip your cap to him'
- Rangers coach: Fox day-to-day with 'minor' upper-body injury
- MacKinnon reportedly suffered broken nose in collision with Hall
- Report: Coyotes in advanced talks to share 5,000-seat rink with Arizona State