World Junior MVP Denis Godla signs with Finnish club Kokkolan Hermes
The reigning World Junior Hockey Championship MVP will play in Finland this season.
Godla led Slovakia to a bronze medal at the world juniors last winter, capturing tournament MVP, best goaltender, and All-Star honors while posting a 2.76 GAA and .926 save percentage.
The undrafted 20-year-old appeared in four games for the KHL's Slovan Bratislava in 2014-15, and played 16 games for the Slovakian under-20 team, for whom he posted a 3.19 GAA and .915 save percentage.
- Flames finally solve Oettinger in OT to eliminate Stars
- NHL announces playoff schedule for Round 2 matchups
- Panarin's OT winner powers Rangers past Penguins in Game 7
- Now what? Maple Leafs have put themselves in an impossible position
- Connor McDavid got the help he needed to snap the Oilers' playoff skid