VIDEO: Bruins' Chara leaves game with upper-body injury
Chara played only three shifts in the first period. He took a hit from Rangers forward Ryan Bourque on his final shift about four minutes into the opening frame.
After the game, head coach Claude Julien said there was no update on Chara's condition.
The 38-year-old defenseman was skating in his first game of the preseason.
- Zegras leaves preseason game with upper-body injury
- Forwards Jarnkrok, Kerfoot play defense for injury-riddled Leafs
- Blue Jackets sign Peeke to 3-year extension with $2.75M AAV
- Back with Wild, Fleury welcomes big workload as clear No. 1
- 'We're not planning on just winning one': Avs set to launch Cup defense