Rangers' Vigneault on Zuccarello: 'He's made a full recovery'
Zuccarello took a slap shot to the head by teammate Ryan McDonagh in Game 5 of the first round of the playoffs against the Pittsburgh Penguins, but has been cleared to return to the ice, according to Vigneault.
"I've heard he's 100 percent from our medical staff," Vigneault told NHL.com's Dan Rosen. "He's been cleared to skate and have contact. He's made a full recovery so we're very pleased about that. He's a big part of our team."
Zuccarello had 15 goals and 49 points in 78 games last season.
- Sharks' Wilson taking temporary medical leave
- Armstrong: Canada's goalie situation less concrete than competitors'
- 'When Goalies Were Weird' - Episode 1: Dominik Hasek 🎧
- Jarry stays hot with 3rd shutout in last 5 games as Pens blank Isles
- Vasilevskiy records 200th career win in style with 17-save shutout