PHOTO: Predators unveil gold helmets for Saturday games
The Nashville Predators will wear gold helmets on Saturdays this season.
The club revealed the new headgear Tuesday as part of a new "Golden Saturdays" promotion.
Here's a look:
(Courtesy: Nashville Predators)
The team's in-game presentation on Saturdays will be seen through gold lenses, and fans will be able to win prizes by wearing the most gold clothing.
It will be the first time an NHL team has worn a non-throwback yellow or gold helmet since the Vancouver Canucks, who did so until switching to white for the 1988-89 season, according to SportsLogos.net.
The Predators' gold helmets will replace the navy blue ones typically worn during other home games.
- Stan Bowman resigns as Blackhawks GM after sexual assault investigation
- Undefeated: Why these four teams are off to blazing-hot starts
- Report on Blackhawks' scandal reveals leaders' win-at-all-costs choices
- Report: Sabres ramp up Eichel trade talks with Golden Knights
- Mark Messier on leadership, Halloween parties, Cup journeys, and TV gig