Red Wings' Datsyuk says he will miss start of season
The Detroit Red Wings will have to start next season without the "Magic Man."
"They say four to five months," Datsyuk said. "We'll see how this goes. ... I'll be there, but they not start me. I hope I miss (only) a little bit, the beginning of the season."
Datsyuk underwent surgery on his ankle in late June, having played through the injury during the playoffs.
The 37-year-old missed 19 games with the Red Wings during the 2014-15 regular season, but still managed 26 goals and 65 points in 63 games.
- Bolts deal McDonagh to Preds, agent calls client's departure 'crushing'
- Boeser opens up about last season's struggles, eager to bounce back
- Jackets GM: Laine's contract status won't affect draft weekend plans
- Jets officially name Rick Bowness head coach
- Report: Flyers prospect detained for planning to evade military service