Report: Bruins interested in Blackhawks' Bryan Bickell
Kuc adds that the cap-crunched Blackhawks would likely have to retain a portion of Bickell's $4.5-million salary to facilitate a potential deal.
Bickell improved on his woeful 2013-14 season, but continues to leave the expectations attached to his lucrative contract unfulfilled. He finished the season with an even 14-goal, 14-assist output in 80 games, and saw his role wane further in the postseason.
Though Bickell's stock is low, he could offer value should he come aboard on a discount against the salary cap.
- Ovechkin becomes 16th NHLer to reach 1,500 points
- Bolts' Watson hits Preds' Lauzon with slap shot at buzzer in blowout
- Leafs' Woll injured in win over Sens, Jones makes team debut in relief
- Kings blank Habs for NHL-record 11th straight road win to open season
- Senators' Chabot out at least 1 month with injury