Report: Bruins interested in Blackhawks' Bryan Bickell
Kuc adds that the cap-crunched Blackhawks would likely have to retain a portion of Bickell's $4.5-million salary to facilitate a potential deal.
Bickell improved on his woeful 2013-14 season, but continues to leave the expectations attached to his lucrative contract unfulfilled. He finished the season with an even 14-goal, 14-assist output in 80 games, and saw his role wane further in the postseason.
Though Bickell's stock is low, he could offer value should he come aboard on a discount against the salary cap.
- Report: Blackhawks add Jack Johnson on 1-year, $950K deal
- Rossi knows he has to 'earn that spot' in Wild's opening-night lineup
- NHL Atlantic Division odds: Maple Leafs open as narrow favorites
- Sharks' Knyzhov out 6 months with torn Achilles tendon
- 5 goalies the Golden Knights could target after losing Lehner for season