Report: Senators looking for young player, high draft pick for one of their goalies
It is no secret the Ottawa Senators are likely to deal one of their goalies this offseason, and it looks like they've named their price.
The Senators have three goaltenders in Craig Anderson, Robin Lehner, and Andrew Hammond, and a team wanting one of them will have to give up a young player and a high draft pick, according to Bruce Garrioch of the Ottawa Sun.
Garrioch said sources in the organization say general manager Bryan Murray would like the pick as well as a young player who has the potential to become a top-six forward.
The team will likely part with one of Anderson or Lehner, and though teams have inquired about both, Lehner has been receiving more interest than the veteran Anderson.
Murray has suggested the team could enter training camp with all three goaltenders, but with a deep draft ahead, a draft pick could hold more value sooner rather than later.
- Watch: Ovechkin passes Gretzky for most all-time road goals
- Tkachuk gets standing ovation, loses in return to Calgary
- Sullivan: Refs should've penalized Canes for 'dangerous hit' leading to OT winner
- 'Shame on us': Cooper irked Lightning took costly penalty in 3rd vs. Bruins
- Flyers edge Islanders to snap 10-game losing streak