Alex Killorn admits Lightning have a few players 'under the weather'
Braydon Coburn didn't just eat some bad sushi.
The Tampa Bay Lightning have indeed been dealing with an illness inside the locker room throughout the Eastern Conference Final versus the New York Rangers, as Alex Killorn admitted in a conference call with reporters Wednesday.
"It's tough. We had a few guys under the weather," Killorn said. "Not that that's any excuse. Most of the guys have been ready for games. Today is going to be huge, not only for injured guys, but guys feeling kind of sick.
"We're going to use those kind of days to get healthy. We're not going to use that as an excuse."
As Killorn alluded, the Bolts will have an extra day to replenish their fluids and attempt to settle their stomachs for Game 7 on Friday.
- Red Wings name Derek Lalonde head coach
- Report: Jim Montgomery the front-runner for Bruins' head coaching vacancy
- Report: Pending UFA Gaudreau undecided on Flames' offer
- Report: Lightning working with McDonagh to find trade fit
- Complementary but different styles put Savoie, Geekie high on NHL draft boards