Predators' GM Poile on free-agent-to-be Fisher: 'We would love to have him back'
Everybody loves Mike.
"Mike Fisher, we would love to have him back," Poile told The Tennessean's Adam Vingan. "He represents so much to our team, both on and off the ice.
"He's a real leader. I truly feel that the best place for Mike is here in Nashville. As long as I'm the manager, he can play as long as he wants."
In his 16th NHL season, Fisher, 34, played just 59 regular season games due to injury, but still scored 19 goals and 39 points, a pace that would've seen him hit career highs in goals and points if he played a full slate of games.
Luckily for all involved, Fisher's agent Todd Reynolds says the sides are close on the terms of a new contract.
- Hughes, Pettersson ready for leadership roles: 'It's something we have to do'
- Islanders sign Horvat to 8-year extension with reported $8.5M AAV
- Pens' Hextall won't trade 1st-rounder to move salary before deadline
- NHL weekday betting guide: True moneylines for every game
- NHL Monday player props: 3 forwards to target