Bruins' Chara: PCL in left knee permanently torn
Zdeno Chara tore through the league in a different way this season.
The 38-year-old averaged 23:21 of ice time in 63 games, his lowest since 2001-02, when he was a member of the Ottawa Senators.
Chara added that he will not need surgery, and that the knee has stabilized and healed to the point where he feels he can return to peak form next season.
This will likely need to be the case in order for the Bruins to rebound on the fly from a disappointing season.
- Malkin laments ice-cold power play after loss to Bolts: 'We don't have confidence'
- Kane to make Red Wings debut Thursday vs. Sharks
- Promising Stars prospect Logan Stankoven may be small, but all he does is score
- Blue Jackets trade Robinson to Sabres
- Bedard living up to the hype, but Blackhawks remain one of NHL's worst teams