Idle Canucks clinch playoff spot due to Kings' regulation loss
The Oilers defeated the Los Angeles Kings in regulation Tuesday, putting the Canucks out of Los Angeles's reach. The highest the Kings can finish is third in the Pacific Division, while Vancouver is all but assured home-ice advantage in the opening round of the playoffs.
Vancouver secured a postseason berth for the sixth time in seven years after missing the playoffs last season.
- Ducks' Strome injures Jets' Connor with knee-on-knee hit
- Jackets' Gudbranson will have hearing for altercation with Cousins
- Pickard stands tall vs. Devils to help Oilers win 7th straight game
- Red Wings' Perron to have hearing for cross-checking Sens' Zub
- How the Broad Street Bullies saved the NHL's reputation in 1976