Connor McDavid compares game to Tyler Bozak's in self-evaluation
It's far too late to keep expectations low, Connor McDavid.
This week, the top five prospects listed on NHL Central Scouting's midterm rankings were surveyed by NHL.com. The questioning was standard. They were asked about their assets, areas of need and, of course, the current NHL player they will draw comparisons to.
"Tyler Bozak," McDavid said, "because he is a good skater and is more of a pass-first type of guy."
In all fairness, you can't really blame McDavid for choosing the top center - who may possess some similar skills - playing in the city to which he hails. In fact, fans of the Toronto Maple Leafs may be honored by the fact McDavid has the blue and while resting in his subconscious.
But you don't have multiple teams throwing away a season for a 20 percent chance at Tyler Bozak.
- Blackhawks legend Bobby Hull dies at 84
- NHL Power Rankings: Each team's best player not attending the All-Star Game
- NHL Monday best bets: Jets to rebound vs. struggling Blues
- Surprising Kraken relishing rise in thick of playoff race
- Aho extends goal streak to 4 as Hurricanes hand Bruins 3rd straight loss