Connor McDavid compares game to Tyler Bozak's in self-evaluation
It's far too late to keep expectations low, Connor McDavid.
This week, the top five prospects listed on NHL Central Scouting's midterm rankings were surveyed by NHL.com. The questioning was standard. They were asked about their assets, areas of need and, of course, the current NHL player they will draw comparisons to.
Drew Doughty, Jeff Carter and Pekka Rinne, three players worthy of a lottery selection, were among the replies, but the far-and-away clear-cut choice to go No. 1 chose to set the bar a touch lower.
"Tyler Bozak," McDavid said, "because he is a good skater and is more of a pass-first type of guy."
In all fairness, you can't really blame McDavid for choosing the top center - who may possess some similar skills - playing in the city to which he hails. In fact, fans of the Toronto Maple Leafs may be honored by the fact McDavid has the blue and while resting in his subconscious.
But you don't have multiple teams throwing away a season for a 20 percent chance at Tyler Bozak.
- Coyotes hammer Capitals to complete 5-game win streak vs. recent champs
- Report: 2024-25 NHL salary cap projected to be $87.7M
- Vasilevskiy's 1st shutout of season helps Bolts end 4-game skid vs. Stars
- NHL Power Rankings: Each team's biggest surprise so far
- Brossoit's 42-save effort propels Jets to victory over Hurricanes