Prospective Las Vegas NHL owner Foley: 'There will be a formal announcement soon'
Bill Foley said his quest to bring an NHL team to Las Vegas is headed in the right direction.
The prospective owner told TSN's Darren Dreger that an announcement is coming.
"There will be a formal announcement soon," Foley said. "We're really pleased with how it's going. Now we want to expand our base to ensure the support we have is as widespread as possible."
Foley added that he's hoping to make the formal announcement in a month.
The city is building a 17,500-seat arena that's expected to be completed by April 2016, and at least 9,000 deposits have been made in the ownership group's season-ticket drive.
The NHL's board of governors will reportedly meet in Las Vegas on June 24.
- Bolts deal McDonagh to Preds, agent calls client's departure 'crushing'
- Boeser opens up about last season's struggles, eager to bounce back
- Jackets GM: Laine's contract status won't affect draft weekend plans
- Jets officially name Rick Bowness head coach
- Report: Flyers prospect detained for planning to evade military service