Flyers trade Coburn to Lightning for 1st-round pick, 3rd-round pick, Gudas
Tap here to access theScore's NHL Trade Deadline Tracker, which includes the latest transactions and rumors.
The Tampa Bay Lightning acquired defenseman Braydon Coburn from the Philadelphia Flyers for a first-round pick, a third-round pick and defenseman Radko Gudas. Sportsnet's Chris Johnston was the first to report to the deal.
Both picks heading to the Flyers will be for the 2015 NHL Draft.
The 30-year-old Coburn has a goal and eight assists in 39 games this season. He has appeared in 614 NHL games since being drafted eighth overall by the Atlanta Thrashers in 2003.
Gudas joins the Flyers after posting two goals, three assists and 34 penalty minutes in 31 outings for the Lightning this year. The former third-round pick is 24 years old.
In a separate deal that broke moments before this trade, the Lightning sent forward Brett Connolly to the Boston Bruins in exchange for a pair of second-round picks.
- Pelletier jokes about number change: 'Easier' for coaches to remember No. 22
- Robertson: Stars have all the pieces to compete for Cup
- Sabres' Dahlin: 'I was scared' of playing against new partner Clifton
- Fantasy: 10 breakout candidates to draft in 2023-24
- NHL 2023-24 futures: Best bets to win the Rocket Richard