VIDEO: Bruins' Marchand goes for a dive after trip by Devils' Gelinas
The Boston Bruins forward attempted to draw a tripping penalty on Eric Gelinas in overtime when the Devils defenseman blocked his path to Cory Schneider, who was freezing the puck. Marchand flipped over Gelinas' stick, sliding into the goal post with his skates in the air in a manner completely inconsistent with the initial contact.
No penalties were called on the play. The Bruins didn't need Marchand's theatrics to win, as Ryan Spooner ended the contest 30 seconds later.
- Oilers, Evander Kane agree to contract for rest of season
- Montembeault praises Zegras' Michigan goal: 'Have to tip your cap to him'
- Rangers coach: Fox day-to-day with 'minor' upper-body injury
- MacKinnon reportedly suffered broken nose in collision with Hall
- Report: Coyotes in advanced talks to share 5,000-seat rink with Arizona State