Report: Capitals' Green not likely to be dealt before deadline
Washington won't trade the rover for either a rental or a prospect before March 2 and will take a run at the postseason with the pending unrestricted free agent on the roster, Sportsnet's Elliotte Friedman reported on Hockey Night in Canada's "Headlines" segment.
Friedman added that Green could be moved in a blockbuster, but Capitals general manager Brian MacLellan doesn't envision it happening.
- Report: Blackhawks add Jack Johnson on 1-year, $950K deal
- Rossi knows he has to 'earn that spot' in Wild's opening-night lineup
- NHL Atlantic Division odds: Maple Leafs open as narrow favorites
- Sharks' Knyzhov out 6 months with torn Achilles tendon
- 5 goalies the Golden Knights could target after losing Lehner for season