Report: Kings among teams interested in Maple Leafs' Polak
Roman Polak could be the next casualty of the Toronto Maple Leafs' rebuild.
Numerous playoff contenders are interested in upgrading their defensive depth before the trade deadline, and Sportsnet's Elliotte Friedman reports the Los Angeles Kings are among those interested in the Toronto blue-liner.
The Kings were previously linked to Maple Leafs captain Dion Phaneuf, but Polak makes more sense for a team up against the salary cap. He is under contract through the end of next season at a cap hit of $2.75 million.
According to Friedman, some teams see the extra year of contract term as an asset, since Polak would be more than just a rental for any potential trade partner.
- Stone eager to start Cup defense: 'I hope people write us off'
- Bettman: Senators' best days are yet to come under Andlauer
- GM Armstrong: Keller 'might be the best Coyote ever' when his career ends
- Flyers' Sanheim addresses offseason trade rumors: 'It sucks'
- 15 attainable milestones, team records for the 2023-24 NHL season