Report: Maple Leafs to host 'outdoor' game, All-Star festivities in 2017
The Toronto Maple Leafs will reportedly host NHL All-Star Weekend and an outdoor game at Rogers Centre as part of the organization's centennial celebration in 2017, according to Ken Campbell of The Hockey News.
Toronto last held an All-Star Game in 2000, and has yet to host an outdoor game as part of the NHL's outdoor series, whether it be a Winter Classic or Stadium Series.
Rogers Centre, located a few blocks from the Air Canada Centre, features a retractable roof. You know, just in case it snows. Or gets cold.
- Kane's natural hat trick propels Oilers past Flames for series lead in Game 3
- Flames' Lucic ejected for running Oilers' Smith behind the net
- Rangers' Gallant calls out Hurricanes for 'bullshit' at end of Game 3
- Maple Leafs sign Giordano to 2-year extension with $800K AAV
- Lightning close in on sweep of Panthers with Game 3 victory