PHOTO: Miss Canada becomes the embodiment of hockey at Miss Universe pageant
Hockey is central to the Canadian national identity. The particular and occasionally terrifying shape that centrality can take, though - that still has the capacity to shock.
Like this week when Miss Universe pageant contestant Chanel Beckenlehner - representing her country as Miss Universe Canada - chose a preposterously hockey-themed costume that's making waves on-line:
(Courtesy: Miss Universe Canada's Facebook page)
Are those sticks a tribute to Canada, or a tribute to arachnids?
Also worth noting the non-skate, skate-themed boots:
Here are the specs for the extravagant dress:
- Tavares collects 2 points in 1,000th game to help Leafs beat Capitals
- Aho extends goal streak to 4 as Hurricanes hand Bruins 3rd straight loss
- Leafs' Murray out until after All-Star break with ankle injury
- Penguins' Sullivan: 'I've gotta do a better job coaching these guys'
- Bowness calls out Jets after listless loss to Flyers