Report: No supplemental discipline for MacKinnon after hit on Flyers' Luke Schenn
Colorado Avalanche forward Nathan MacKinnon will reportedly avoid further discipline after receiving a major penalty for a dangerous hit on Philadelphia Flyers defenseman Luke Schenn on Saturday.
MacKinnon will not face supplemental discipline from the NHL, Sportsnet's Damien Cox reports.
The Avalanche center hit Schenn into the boards from behind after being beaten in a race for the puck late in the first period.
MacKinnon was given a five-minute major for boarding. Schenn did not return to the game after leaving for the dressing room.
- Stone eager to start Cup defense: 'I hope people write us off'
- Bettman: Senators' best days are yet to come under Andlauer
- GM Armstrong: Keller 'might be the best Coyote ever' when his career ends
- Flyers' Sanheim addresses offseason trade rumors: 'It sucks'
- 15 attainable milestones, team records for the 2023-24 NHL season