Report: Islanders close to acquiring Nick Leddy from Blackhawks
The New York Islanders are close to upgrading their blue-line, and the Chicago Blackhawks are about to pay bail and get out of salary cap prison. Sounds like a win-win.
From Arthur Staple of Newsday:
UPDATE: The Islanders, changing gears quickly, acquired Johnny Boychuk from the Boston Bruins in exchange for three mid-round picks on Saturday.
- Ducks' Strome injures Jets' Connor with knee-on-knee hit
- Jackets' Gudbranson will have hearing for altercation with Cousins
- Pickard stands tall vs. Devils to help Oilers win 7th straight game
- Red Wings' Perron to have hearing for cross-checking Sens' Zub
- How the Broad Street Bullies saved the NHL's reputation in 1976