Penguins coach Johnston: Crosby will make preseason debut Saturday vs. Blue Jackets
Pittsburgh Penguins head coach Mike Johnston confirmed Friday that Sidney Crosby will make his preseason debut against the Columbus Blue Jackets on Saturday.
The reigning Hart Trophy recipient was held out at the start of training camp for precautionary reasons after suffering a minor injury in an informal skate. It was unrelated to the wrist ailment that plagued him last season.
Crosby is practicing with the Penguins and will join fellow returnee Chris Kunitz in the lineup on Saturday.
- Report: Sabres unwilling to retain salary in potential Eichel trade
- Lightning 'praying' Kucherov OK after leaving game with apparent injury
- Vegas' Pacioretty week-to-week with fractured foot
- Three-peat*: The AHL team that sat out a season and returned as champs
- Maple Leafs' Mrazek to miss 2 weeks with groin injury