Report: Kevin Hayes to narrow down finalists; speak to 4-5 teams Monday
Boston College standout Kevin Hayes will do some soul-searching Sunday.
Hayes' inability to reach terms with the Chicago Blackhawks, who drafted him 24th overall in 2010, led to the rare opportunity of pursuing unrestricted free agency without ever having played in the league.
The 6-foot-3, 205-pound forward scored 27 goals and 65 points in 40 games with the Eagles last season.
He has reportedly received interest from the Colorado Avalanche and Boston Bruins, but signing with the Calgary Flames may make the most sense. His collegiate linemates - Hobey Baker-winner Johnny Gaudreau and Bill Arnold - are already in the Flames' system.
- Calder Trophy Rankings: Beniers rises to No. 1 as Zetterlund debuts
- Avalanche's MacKinnon suffers upper-body injury in loss to Flyers
- Flyers' Tortorella praises Hart: 'It's hard to be a goaltender with us'
- Golden Knights top Bruins in Cassidy's return, end Boston's home streak
- NHL Power Rankings: Each team's biggest surprise