Report: Willie Desjardins traveling to Vancouver, expected to be named new head coach
Willie Desjardins became one of the most sought-after head coaching candidates after leading the AHL's Texas Stars to a Calder Cup championship, and was reportedly deciding between the Pittsburgh Penguins and Vancouver Canucks.
After some thought about Pittsburgh's reported low-ball offer, it appears he decided to take his talents to British Columbia.
Earlier on Friday, Kevin Weekes of Hockey Night in Canada tweeted a report suggesting Willie Desjardins has indeed chosen the Canucks and is signing multi-year deal with the club.
Keep McKenzie's "as expected" caveat in mind, however; the coaching carousel has tossed more than a few reports to the wind in recent days.
- Report: Tortorella interviewed for Flyers' head coach opening
- Kadri responds to racist threats with hat trick: 'For those that hate, that was for them'
- Bolts praise another Vasilevskiy series-clinching gem: 'There is never a doubt'
- Lightning complete 2nd-round sweep of Panthers
- Avalanche put Blues on brink of elimination with Game 4 victory