Canadiens' Gallagher believes Derek Stepan will play in Game 4: 'I've seen broken jaws before'
After Brandon Prust earned a two-game suspension for his late hit on New York Rangers forward Derek Stepan, whispers of the Rangers fabricating the injury in order to lengthen the looming suspension were exchanged by pundits (including theScore's Justin Bourne) and fans alike.
You can add Brendan Gallagher to the list of those sceptical.
He continued: "He got up and was yapping and yelling, so I don't think the jaw was hurting too much."
An agitator on the ice and apparently also in the locker room, Gallagher's comments are consistent with the verbal interplay that continues to intensify as the Eastern Conference final wears on.
- Kadri: I'd love to stay with Avs, but 'I've shown what my worth is'
- Draft survey: Prospects talk NHL comps, fashion, teammates, and resilience
- 5 important questions heading into the NHL's offseason frenzy
- Report: Duclair out long term after suffering Achilles tendon injury
- Superlative awards for the 2021-22 NHL season