Flames F Mikael Backlund surprised by trade speculation
Flames forward Mikael Backlund is surprised that his named is being mentioned in recent trade speculation.
However, Backlund conceded that it's just part of being a pro athlete and admitted he's not off to the best of starts in Calgary.
In 22 games this season, Backlund has scored two goals and five assists, with a minus-six rating and 34 shots on goal.
The Flames will adopt Brian Burke's pre-Christmas trade policy, which means Backlund could be moved at some point prior to Dec. 9.
- Wild's Evason baffled after Leafs' Murray knocks net off moorings 3 times
- Bruins set NHL record with 12th straight home win to start season
- Karlsson's splashy resurgence, the Michkov conundrum, and hockey nicknames
- Moving on from D.J. Smith is Senators' only hope of saving season
- Jets survive Robertson, Stars' comeback bid in OT