NHL deputy comissioner on Varlamov: 'we're monitoring the developing legal situation'
On Friday afternoon NHL Deputy Commissioner Bill Daly commented on the kidnapping and domestic abuse charges against Avalanche goaltender Semyon Varlamov. ESPN's Pierre LeBrun shared Daly's quotes in several tweets.
Here's Billy Daly on whether or not the league might involve itself in the situation:
"At this point, we are monitoring the developing legal situation and do not intend to intervene in that process. There may come a point in time where we feel it is either necessary or appropriate to take a different approach, but that's not where we are right now. We are and will remain in close contact with the Club, and will see how the underlying facts unfold."
- Larkin exits after scary scene vs. Sens, Perron ejected for retaliation
- Samsonov records 1st shutout of season as Leafs prevail over Preds
- Report: Wild's Brodin to miss significant time due to injury
- Underrated, undersized Spurgeon is improbably one of NHL's best D-men
- theScore's 50 favorite moments of 2023: Fights, phenoms, and epic buzzer-beaters