Ducks claim former 1st-round pick Thomson off waivers from Senators
The Anaheim Ducks claimed defenseman Lassi Thomson off waivers Sunday.
Thomson, 23, was selected 19th overall by the Ottawa Senators in the 2019 draft. The right-shot blue-liner recorded five assists in 18 games over two seasons in Ottawa.
Last year, Thomson tallied seven goals and 33 points in 56 contests with the AHL's Belleville Senators.
The Finnish rearguard joins a Ducks back end that already features new additions on the right side in Radko Gudas and Ilya Lyubushkin. Right-shot defender Jamie Drysdale remains without a contract as a restricted free agent.
- Larkin won't return after scary scene vs. Sens, Perron ejected for retaliation
- Maple Leafs' Woll out week-to-week with high ankle sprain
- Underrated, undersized Spurgeon is improbably one of NHL's best D-men
- theScore's 50 favorite moments of 2023: Fights, phenoms, and epic buzzer-beaters
- Bouchard, Nugent-Hopkins lift Oilers in win over Wild