Report: Cutter Gauthier is Flyers' only untouchable player
Philadelphia Flyers general manager Daniel Briere declared that his team is open for business this summer, but it appears as though one name is off-limits.
Top prospect Cutter Gauthier is Philadelphia's only untouchable player, reports Daily Faceoff's Frank Seravalli.
The Flyers selected Gauthier fifth overall in the 2022 NHL Draft after he put up 34 goals and 31 assists in 54 games with the U.S. National Team Development Program.
The 19-year-old continued to impress during his first season at Boston College. He led the Eagles with 16 goals and 37 points in 32 contests, and he plans to return for his sophomore campaign.
Gauthier has also dazzled with the United States on the international stage. He logged 10 points in seven games at the 2023 World Junior Championship, as well as seven goals and two assists at the 2023 IIHF World Championship.
Philadelphia sent defenseman Ivan Provorov to the Columbus Blue Jackets in a three-way deal with the Los Angeles Kings in early June. The Flyers received blue-liner Sean Walker, goalie Cal Petersen, prospect Helge Grans, and a trio of picks, including the 22nd overall selection, in the swap.
Veteran Kevin Hayes, forwards Scott Laughton and Travis Konecny, goalie Carter Hart, and defenseman Tony DeAngelo could also be on the move before next season.
- Boeser up to league-leading 17 goals as Canucks hand Ducks 7th straight loss
- Watch: Leafs squeak out shootout victory after Panthers' winner overturned
- Blackhawks terminating Perry's contract due to 'unacceptable' conduct
- 4 takeaways from Patrick Kane's decision to sign with the Red Wings
- Maple Leafs' insanity plan: Do the same thing and expect different results