Predators' Duchene week-to-week with apparent hand injury
As the Nashville Predators battle for a playoff spot, it appears they'll have to do so without forward Matt Duchene for at least the next little while.
Following Sunday's game against the Toronto Maple Leafs, Predators head coach John Hynes announced Duchene is considered week-to-week after suffering an upper-body injury during the 3-2 loss, according to John Glennon of NHL.com.
Duchene exited the game in the second period after taking teammate Dante Fabbro's shot off his hand while in front of the Leafs' net. He was immediately taken back to the dressing room and didn't return to the game.
Nashville is now five points out of the final wild-card spot in the Western Conference with 10 games left to play. The Predators have two games in hand on the Winnipeg Jets, who currently hold that last postseason berth.
Duchene has 22 goals and 56 points in 71 games for Nashville this season. He joins a loaded group of Predators dealing with injuries, with the likes of captain Roman Josi, forwards Filip Forsberg and Ryan Johansen, and defenseman Alexandre Carrier already on injured reserve.
- Canada beats Germany for record-setting 28th gold at Worlds
- Latvia stuns USA in overtime to win bronze at Worlds
- Dellandrea's late pair helps Stars stun Golden Knights, force Game 6
- 'Golden Misfits' as valuable as ever, 2023 draft FAQ, and 4 other NHL items
- Keith Tkachuk's words came at just the right time for Panthers